Hutch's Outdoors

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few things I made....

When I posted the last topic, I stated that my goal was to go more primitive, or more colonial, however you wish to put it. Anyway, I have gotten rid of the backpack, and substituted it with a colonial era style snapsack. It's lighter, and just as tough. Also pictured is my first attempt at wet-forming a leg-tied sheath for my caping knife, rather than it hanging round my neck; my antique belt knife that was my great-grandfather's (if you can look at it and give me a roundabout age, that'd be awesome) now has a sheath made from salvaged leather from my sandals that my Labrador took the time to chew up on me :roll: ; and the arrow is a Plains Indian replica that, I'm sorry to say, I cannot legally hunt with because the head is too narrow. That's ok, though, it's still a great decorating piece for the study/dining room in the house. Enjoy!

Image




Image




Image




Image






Image

No comments:

Post a Comment